zaterdag 13 februari 2016

When the struggle is real

My life is slowly getting into the normal working rythem it supossed to be in. But I also noticed again that the Dutch education system and me are not compatible. I have sometimes a to strong opinion, so  may end up in discussion. Which I sometimes really enjoy and sometimes hate because the discussion is for the sole purpose of the discussion, which is really annoying. Because some how Dutch folks need discussion, otherwise they die. Dutch. Always have to voice their opinions, even if you don't want to hear it. I admit right away I have a strong opinion about things as well, but I don't push right in to someone's throaght. I enjoy hearing someone's opinion, because it gives me new views and insides on to my own. Also a valued lesson I learned in Finland is that you also can ignore someone to dead, instead of killing him/her with your arguements.

I'm also supprised to notice how big thing it is become that LGBT refugees are harrest and bullied in asylum centers and no one seems to really know what to do. I think it is a shame (and a big one too!) that we let this to go so out of controle. What did the goverment excpect? Oh they hate gays in Syria but now they are here they start hugging them? It's not our water what makes people tolerant to LGBT's you know... We should start educate people right away when they come here about our libral standings. Refugees really don't Always realise we are even more liberal than people say we are, also not everyone knows that the Netherlands excist, just look at some Americans who think the Netherlands is part of Germany... For a country who says that it is a shining pink beacon for LGBT rights we have a exaple to made. We are tolerant to all kind of people, let's give this message to them. After the war they have a country to rebuild, how awesome would it be that they can do it al togheter, because they learned to do so in our refugeecenters. Building together instead of fighting eachother, what a wonderfull thought. And then we can think: "if they can do it in Syria and Iraq, why can't we do it in Europe (and in the Netherlands)". Not looking at the differences, but what united us and makes us better then when we are alone...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten