zondag 13 september 2015

Back in Finland

I'm now a full month back in Finland and I can conclude that everything is still the samen and where I left it when I was here a year ago for the summerschool. Helsinki and the airport where still at the same spot as was Turku. The only diffrence now was that I didn't had to take the bus before I could hop on the train to go to Turku. No, now I could hop on the train right a way when I was at the airport and with only one transfere  could get in Turku by train.

But then again the traintravel went as aspected. Everyone was mute, for which I love Finland because in Netherlands everyone is talking in the train and absolutly no subject is taboo. You don't want to know how many times I overheard someones wild sexlife or sexualproblems in the train. Also the employee from VR checks all tickets during his exercise because he runs trough the train, why walking when you can run right? But during he this he remembers who he already checked and who not. A skill I don't have, but I'm Dutch and not a Finn. Dutch conducters check your ticket everytime they walk by. So if I had the same journey in Netherlands, in the two hours I had to search my ticket no less than 9 times. Here in Finland only once. And they would I ask where I was going, because I had two suitcases with me and I was talking English do them. But here in Finland the conducter doesn't mind, he checks the tickets and goes on. Not even trying to be social in the train. Like it should be, 'cause all I wanna do is listen to music and enjoy the landscape.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten