vrijdag 18 september 2015

The darkrooms of Suomenlinna

A whole week has passed here in Finland again and it was a whole week full of fun things. Altough I love Turku and enjoy living here and the city itself won a place in my heart. There is one Finnish city I always long to go back again. That is the awesome capital of this awesome nation, Helsinki. I love both Turku and Helsinki for the vibe and atmosphere. But where Turku feels old and cute, Helsinki feels new and wow. Both have their pro's and con's but I still love both city's, although Helsinki a tiny little bit more.

I went this weekend with to German girls to Helsinki. The excitement already began when we hoped on the bus. Normally I go by train and enjoy the surroundings in silence while listing to music, like a Finn. But now we did go by bus because it's far cheaper then train. The bus was already full when we arrived to hop on, so we couldn't sit next to each other but at least we could see each other. Sign language could be the solution for this, but sadly enough non of us could do this. We survived the trip and where ready to run trough the city as overenthusiastic tourists.

After seeing the Helsinki cathedral, the orthodox cathedral, the market and some statues, we decided to go to Suomenlinna. Just to visit the place and go back to Helsinki. Little did we know that we would spend the rest of the day over there. First we wander around the place with no clear intention of doing something. We visited the church/lighthouse see some old buildings. and sit near the water on a bridge. But after our shot of coffee and hot chocolate, we went all crazy. It was all we needed to explore and do stuff on the island like there was no tomorrow. We visit the submarine made more selfies I could count and made some pictures of the landscape. And the highlight of all activity was that we visit every tunnel and dark path on the island, and where quite some tunnels and dark paths. We dubbed them our darkrooms, cause hey I was guy with two German girls. But making bad jokes and sing a song if a sentence was the same as lyrics from a song. Afterwards we eat our last icecream explore one more tunnel and then go sunbathing on the rocks. We did this already on a rock we called awesome rock, because it looked awesome. But you can always do things twice. One worthy event was that during the eating of the ice cream, a man asked to a woman if she had a big pussy... Probably something went wrong in translation. After that we wandered back to Helsinki and via the McDonalds back to the bus.

After that I had a lazy Sunday, so I could start fresh again with a new week at practical and to my first official lessons from my main course. And we have homework people, real homework. After weeks of practical no school I never thought I would be happy with homework. It is so much, I feel like going to school again.        

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten