maandag 21 december 2015

The last goodbye to my flatmates and Hyvinkää

When I came home from Hyvinkää today I realised for the first time really good, I'm alone in my appartmentfloor for the comming 10 days. And with alone, I mean alone. Everyone is gone and I'm the only one left as the last of the Monicans. I saw everyone comming and I now see everyone leaving. In the beginning not knowing what to espect from my semester here in Turku, now I know what I gonna mis here in Turku. It seemed that behind all 11 doors was a memory, even though I knew one better then the other, but still. The second last door at the coridor is mine appartment and for the comming days it is my floor alone. It felt weird when I wanted to do something in the kitchen and the door was clossed, normally it was always open with the light still on. But now everyone is gone, so there was no one to forgot to close it.

Now facebook and whatsapp is full of pictures and messages of people I know comming home, arriving on homesoil and thanking everybody. With every post I see, I see also a memory, a thought and experience an emotion. I realise: Damn, it is on 30-01-2016 that I see everyone again back in the Netherlands. I'm not homesick, absolutely not! But I get a little sentimental by the thought of being here alone and that I have to miss great people I had an awesome time with. But I also realise, one part of one the greatest adventures in my life is comming to an end. With one thing coming to an end, another is about to begin. Because I'm leaving in January too Kokkola to make also some amazing memories over there and get some awesome experiences there as well.

Luckily I have somethings to look forward to so I forget that I'm here now all alone at this floor.
Today, I visit my friends in their birthtown of Hyvinkää, a city close to Helsinki. They warned me not to expect much, but I think it is a nice city and it could be worse. It was funny that the people in Hyvinkää still have an obsession with wool, even though the woolindustry is already gone ages ago. Still, they name everything after wool, the shoppingcenter, streets, schools, old factory buildings and their childeren. It is wool all over the place. Ironicly, the only sheep I saw in Hyvinkää was a fake one in the christmas crib at the chruch. The church is piramid shaped and the first mordern architecture build church in Finland. The inside of it looked more like an concerthall then a church to me, but the altar, the baptizing pound and the organ made it church enough. It was also great to meet the mums of my 2 friends, they already saw my parents and now I also no a little bit more where they came from. Maybe I go back to Hyvinkää one day, maybe not. But I liked the place a lot, even though we were sometimes wondering what to do. But still, maybe we can go next time exploring the forest area's of Hyvinkää.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten