zondag 27 december 2015

The weirdest christmas ever! (With a tear)

While eating my breakfast I realise, this was by far the most awesome and same time weirdest christmas I ever had. Not only because it was a Finnish christmas, but also the weirdest christmas I had. But this was a good one because I spend christmas eve and first and second christmas day with people I like. And what beter celebrations can a person have then with friends?

Christmas eve was by far the weirdest (but at the same time most awesome part) day of my Finnish christmas. I saw the Finnish christmas peace decleration already many times on TV, but this christmas I was there. It was not that hard to attend because it was only 15min walking to the place the where it is declared from my appartment, so it was a small afford to attend. I also exchanged some christmas presents with a friend. Too our enjoyment, also Santa Clause was at the Finnish chrismas peace decleration. He was there, unfortunelly, undercover. So we couldn't ask him for presents or so hi to him, but it was good that he was also attending in this 700 year old tradation. Which was only canceled once in 1939 because of the fear of air raids during the Winterwar. It was nice to be a little part of this long term tradition, long may it last.

After the decleration I said goodbye to some friends to walk with other friends to their place to spend the christmas eve overthere. We ate some food, I made a Dutch soup and they made the Finnish main course and desert. I was glad that my friends really liked the Dutch vermiccelli soup, because it is very simple and fast to prepare. But I can fully understand them when they said they liked, because this soup was one of the things I missed most from the Netherlands while I'm here in Finland. Between the main course and the dessert we had unfortunelly a sad job to do. Nova, their beloved gerbil past away, and it was our duty to give him a proper burial with all the honor he deserves. After 5 attemps we finally found the most suitable last resting place for him under the full moon. When we did our sad job, it was finaly time for the desert. The rest of the evening and night, was hysterical, weird, funny, serious and truth revealing, in the end we end up all drunk.

The first christmas day I spend the whole day with a friend and we just hanged around, like we did for a part on the second christmas day. The second day I had also another sad job to do, saying goodbye to one of the greatest guy I met here in Turku. Altough I was a couple of times on the brink of crying I kept my eyes dry. After we had a drink together it was time for him to leave for the bus that took him to Helsinki. The moment the door of the closes I started to miss already. Although I have great friends we comfort me the whole day, I was a little sentimental the whole. This was enlarged by the fact that I realised that also soon for my my semester in Turku will become nothing more than a great and awesome memory. But I'm also longing to my great adventure in Kokkola. It was also a great comfort that I will see him again, that I know for sure. I promissed him I will hunt him down in Switzerland if I have to and I'm a person who keeps his promisses, because a promise makes a debt. Also I promissed him to explain the weird Dutch educational system and I also bent on furfilling that promise as well.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten