donderdag 12 november 2015

FinnArt

For our Finnish class we had to visit diffrent art exhibitions here in Turku. Although I still fail to understand what Finnish art has to do with Finnish language, I went there. I actually quite enjoyed the trip to th exhibitions. Maybe it was the company I had, maybe it was the art itself or maybe the hot chocolate afterwards. A fact is that I like more classical art then modern art had something to do with my relucentces at first. I like paintings and other forms of art, but I rather take a dive into ancient history. I've been in to the Rijksmuseum" in Amsterdam and I enjoyed it, especially the "Nachtwacht". But I've been there and I don't have to go for a long time. I liked "het Anne Frank huis""with it's eternal long queue or "het Nationaal Historisch Museum" more. Because those set my thoughts and emotions in motion. Of course every museum does that in a certain way with me, but like I said: I rather take a dive into ancient history.

The first exihibition we visit was a small and depressing one. It futered paintings with dark nature, mostly forests, and other dark places. I felt quit depressed by it, it were dark painings in a small room. One painting reminded me of "The Blair Witch Project", because it futers a dark never-ending forest. I felt almost I had the solution why Finns get depressed, so much dark forests around here and you even turn it into art. No wonder you feel sad all the time because of the darkness.

The next one was also quite small, but slightly bigger then the previous one. With all the happy animals it was much happier that the first one. It futers happy cows, sheeps, foxes, bears and mooses. The artist did a really good job here because you sometimes even felt emotions from the animals, even tough they are just paintings. I felt happy when I left the exibitions and I forgot my sad and depressive feelings from the other one and I was up and ready to visit the next one, because I had the feeling that one was the most intressting.

And I was correct! The last exhibition we had to visit was the most enjoyable and fun to visit, even it was modern art. It setted my thoughts and emotions in motion and I think art has to do that with someone. In the first hall, the thoughts of me and my companion were about cumshots and blowjobs. But for me as Dutch that are perfectly discussion topics, so no shame there in discussing that there. Lucky me my companion wasn't that ashamed of that thoughtflow, so we discussed it quite extend. In the next hall, this exhibition was also the biggist, the art get somewhat weirder but not less intresting. So was there a giant purble thingie, a poluted lake and prehapes the weirdest of them all: a ropeskipping-rope made of barbed wire.

After the exibitions we went to a cafe to make the assignments we had from school and enjoyed a nice glass of hot chocolate. Which was actually the best part of the day because I really love hot chocolate and the hot chocolate overthere is really great. But I had a great day over all, because I had great company and the exhibitions were quitte intresting. I wouldn't go there by myself in the first place, but I have no regrets I did the assignment and visited the places. Maybe I can also go to some museums here in Turku, but that is something when the weather gets really bad.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten