vrijdag 6 november 2015

The Perkele situation

It is some time ago that I last made a blog entry. I was pretty busy this week with school and practical and also a situation at my home university occupied most of mine attention. My school suddenly doubts if I can graduate this school year and a couple of teachers weren't very cooprative. I have a hard time to stay in contact with my school because we only have contact via mail and I don't always have possibillity to check my mail.

The whole situation is the fact that suddenly my school thinks I have not enough credits to graduate this year. I knew already before I go to Finland that I have to do a course which I missed in my second year. I have no problems with this, you have to do, what you have to do. And I make also good arrangements with school. Suddenly school doesn't really follow this arrangements and a teacher started to complain about a report. Although I knew this for some time, this week it went a little bit more serieus because my mail contact with school was intensefied. Also it affected my daily life situations more and more. I became a little bit grumpy and felt a little depressed. I was not ashamed of myself that I possible not could finish my studies in the normal time, because sometimes it isn't possible. But the way it al went made me feel sad. I had the feeling it was all out of my controle and the more I tried to come with a solution, the harder it went. But now, suddenly, they went into cooprative mode again. My teacher filled in my grades and school sees possibilties for me to graduate.

My relation with schools and teachers is alway somewhat rocky. I never get allong with teachers for some reason. Probably because in my past I had some very bad experiences with teachers and I tink that those experiences still reflect on how I think of teachers today, the neccesery evil everyone has to experience during his life. Of course I have some teachers I can realy get allong with, because not all teachers are the same. But I think in general me and teachers are not the best combination. I need a teacher we can keep his distance but also helps me when I need it. I'm the kind of student who has to experience by himself that something is impossible. If I don't see a way out, then I need a big kick and a teacher who helps me to get out of the situation. For some reason, most teachers are big ego's who think they know it all because they are a teacher and like to help the easy and quiet students. Í'm the kind of student who is critical at everything and everyone and had some tough episodes in my life. But I can handle critics on my own preformes, as long I can learn from them.

For some reason, I can go quite wel with the Finnish teachers. Maybe they have just that edge I need from a teacher to like them. Maybe I only have hard time with Dutch teachers. Or maybe they are Finns and everyone knows by now what I think of Finns. The Finnish teachers don't want to become friends with you, they are just your teacher and it doesn't get more awkward then that. Also in my experiences, they are better prepared for their jobs then their Dutch counterparts. Of course you have always exeptions in both countries, but still. Another possibillity could be that we just give the best of ourself, because we are both foreigners for each other and we don't want to be hard on eachother. Or I do better in Finnish sociaty then Dutch sociaty.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten