woensdag 27 januari 2016

Woohoo Flu-u-u-uuu

My last week here in Kokkola and in Finland is surely not going unnoticed because I'm coughing all day and night. I have a mild flu. Although it is going better by the day, the coughing is just annoying as hell because. Like the wise Finns say: if sauna and alcohol doesn't help, you gonna die. So I go to sauna a lot lately and it helped me greatly. I'm gonna miss those wise Finns greatly, like the rest of Finland. But between my practical and being sick I have some time to mentally prepare myself again for life in the Netherlands in 3 days and the things I have to take in consideration:
  • Stores are clossed at sunday
  • I can't go to sauna every week anymore for free
  • I have to speak Dutch all the time again
  • If I say 'kiitos' no one understands what I mean so try to avoid that
  • Saying "mita kuuluu?" to a non-Finn doesn't work anymore.
  • Ei becomes egg again instand of no
  • If I want to say "yes", I have to say "and". (ja)
  • I can talk about sex out in the open and no one is ashamed
  • Every type of weather is bad, there is no nice or pleasent weater in the Netherlands
  • I have to face the wind again everytime I go outside
  • Opinions are everywhere, even if you don't want to know
  • Costumer services is unheard of
  • Cars won't stop for you if you want to cross the street with a bike or walking on a roadcrossing
  • All trafficlights have buttons which you have to push, but you don't wait for the green light.
  • No more cheap good and healthy student priced lunches for €1,28 at the school caffetaria
  • No studentdiscount anymore
  • I have to learn again to learn alcohol to be social, not to get completely wasted.
  • My personal space is gone, the Netherlands is to crowded to have descent Finnish one.
  • No more hearing of cute Finnish language where ever I go.
  • All adds on internet are in Dutch again instead of Finnish.
  • I don't have to explain anymore how Dutch social work education is divided into 3 parts.
  • Dutch school system makes sence once again.
  • If people ask how I'm doing they don't expect that I give a short summary anymore.
  • The moose magic is gone, the Netherland don't has mooses.
  • People don't understand the power of the mooses and how special it is to see them in the wild.
  • If there is a bright night, I no longer have to stare excited to the sky, because no nordic lights.
  • The Dutch are not Finns.
  • Perkele vittu saatana becomes godverdomme, kut or klote (not propper translations in all cases)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten