maandag 12 oktober 2015

Dutch on rocks

Yesterday, I went to Kurjenrahkan national park to go hiking with a Swiss guy. We both like to hike and we where also went together to Ruisalo. We already tried to go to the national park on 3 diffrent occasions with ESN, but unfortunaly for us it was full all the 3 times so we went this time on our own.

Lucky for us, a woman who works at my practical lives nearby and she has written down for us a route which we could follow to see the best parts of the park. Also she write down how to get there and how to get home again. We decided to go early so we could enjoy the park and hiking the whole day. Also we had to party with some crazy Finnish lesbians I adore, so we needed all the time in the park we could get. And after we bought bananna's and croisants, we went for the bus and of we go to the park.

The park itself was amazing, when we where walking to the viewingtower we walked at some grassfields and we where there completly alone, someting I never experience in the Netherlands because you encounter alway some other people. There was also no trace of human civilasation in the whole vicinity, except us. In Switzerland this also never happens so we were litterly ashtonished by this fact and we both realised how deserted Finland actually is. But unlike the Swiss, we Dutch are also not that used to hightdiffrences. We have small hills, but the Netherlands is pretty flat. Actualy a pancake has more hightdiffrences than the Netherlands. So whith every big hill we encounterd or big rocks, I went crazy. I had to climb them and I had the feeling I was standing on a mountain. Sometimes I even screamed: Let's climb this mountain and away was I. This to much enjoyment of the Swiss who knew better what the deffination of mountain actually was. Of course I know how real mountains look like, but still I had the feeling I was climbing mountains all the time. The rocks we encounterd in the forest where also pretty fascinating. We don't have them either in the Netherlands, only small stones but not the big rocks. The Swiss guy also was pretty fascinating by this fact. Of course I had to climb some of them to make awesome pictures with them. Don't think I was that obsessed with the rocks that I climbed everyone of them, but still I did it a lot. If I did climb on all rocks I have to do it the rest of my life. Remember that Finland is one big rock. This fact is also quite amazing if you realise I come from a country which ground is actualy one big clay pit.

The national park was really amazing and I want to come back to it for sure. I also know again one of the many many reasons I have to love Finland. Sometimes when I walked there I had the feeling that I was walking in the world of Lord of the Rings. But then again, this feeling was no suprise for every diehard fan. Lord of the Rings is based on Finnish mythology (Kalevala). It is a slight shame that the 3 parts of Lord of the Rings were filmed in New-Zealand. Filming the in the beauty of Finnish nature, which give birth to the story after all, would give the movies so much extra's.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten