donderdag 15 oktober 2015

The pink thing of Tallinn

Today I went together with my parents to Tallinn, proud capital of Estionia. I did this so they can sniff in to more cultures then just the Finnish and I knew they would also loved Tallinn. Especialy the old town of Tallinn. So we went the whole day to the old town of Tallinn.

People who know me, know that I love old buidings,especialy old churches. Luck me, Tallinn has more then enough churches to satisfy my lust for the old. My parents followed me like a loyal companoins and enjoyed the old streets and shops we encounter. Because that is there cup of tea. I also wanted to visit the Riigikogu, the parlement of Estonia. Just to make it a little more understandable why I wanted to visit to my parents, because they don't really get why. I said it was in a old pink castle. This sparked their intrest as wel so we went on a search for it. My mom, who is always given things a diffent name when it is hard for her to remember of calls things a thing, branded the castle as the pink thing. Because we are Dutch amd it sound more funnier in Dutch, me and my dad quickly made a connection to dildo's and penisses. The  tone was set for the day and even whem we visited the  Riigikogu, we three kept on reffering to the pink thing.

Estonians are much like the Finns. They also have a strong mind your bussines are quitte and not that shouty like Dutch people are. What we Dutch admire in the Finns that they have a strang wait your  attitude. But the pesky little Estonians constantly tried to sneak further in the line. Apperently, Estonians are not a patient people, they try to get first in bars, restaurants, public transport and even toilets. Also they run accros the road at traffic lights, even when the light was red. We Dutch also walk trough the red light,  but we walk because running takes to much energy. But Estonians run, but they even walk pretty fast trough the streets.

Altough I don't mind the silent Estonians and Finns, because I'm very used to the Finns. My parents have a little more a harder time with them. Like typical Dutch, they think it's polite to greet everyone on the street and start a little small talk when you both standing in the same queue for a while. Finns and Estonians find thus weird so my parents get strange looks when they practise this form of Dutch politeness. Even they have a hard time to adjust to this one, they said on the ferry that Tallinn and Helsinki are awesome cities and they liked everything in there, the buildings and the citizens of the city. So I'm happy they like the Estonians and the Finns. Of course Tallinn can also be happy with it's pink thing... uh... pink castle or Toompea castle.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten