dinsdag 27 oktober 2015

Let's talk about...

Today we had our last class of aggrissive behavior. I'm really gona mis this one, because it was the only real class we had in social services. The other class, Finnish, is a common course so it has not much to do with social services. Altough I like Finnish also. During this course, I really felt like a true Dutch, constantly talking and always knowing things better. At the same time feeling frustrated that you have to talk so much and others are way to silent. In case of this classes it happend quite naturally. I've the most experience in working with youngsters and people with aggressive behavior and I'm always willing to share my exeperiences. Unfortunaly for me, other didn't had that experience or where more reluctent to share it with others. This resulted in that I had quite often had very good discussions with our teacher, unforuntaly other students didn't join the discussion. I just hope that the learned something new from it. What I liked about our teacher is that you can noticed that she is very skilled and has a great knowlegde of why people show aggressive behavior or what you can do to prevent it. I really gonna mis our discussions because for me they where the most usefull during the entire course.

Also at my practical I shocked the Finns with some good old Dutch tabooless conversations. The youngsters wanted to play a board game which also is used in sexual education. This sparked the discussion between me and two workers overthere about sex in general and how it should be educated to the youngsters. In the Netherlands we prefere to enter this conversations with an open view and to be as honest as possible. This is possible because there is almost no taboo about sex in the Netherlands. While I was telling al this I noticed that the workers turned a little bit red. When I made the comment "Don't say Finnish man doesn't like sex" it was to much for them. For me it was a completly normal question even when the youngsters around. But for the two workers it was somewhat diffrent. They say that the Finns want to be as sectret about sex as possible. Of course they have no problems with it in a didactical setting, but they use the bordgame to avoid indepth discussions about it and keep it is real as possible without personal emotions. This suprissed me again because one of the cornerstones in Dutch sexual eduaction is that the teacher, or who ever is giving it, express that sex can be good and it doesn't matter if you are straight, gay, lesbian, bi or aseksual. Sex is good and fun if you do it in a safe way. The Dutch mantra is: for sex you need two persons, so be sure they both liked it so you can do it together more often. They laughed about it, but finded it a good mantra. But then one of the workers began that we Dutch have strange habit towards gays and lesbians and he is supprised that we find it so normal they are there and we even incoperate it in our sexual education that the teacher also explains how they can have save sex. Something I (as a Dutch) find completly normal, because it is good to know for the youngsters what viaries there are in world and they know wat to do if they wanted to experiment with it. But the 2 workers findend it strange and tried to make jokes about it. Which I slammed down. Because why be shy about sex and all it's viarities when you go naked into sauna on every occasion you get?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten