maandag 26 oktober 2015

Islanded in a stream of stars

I made a deal with myself to write a blog every day about my adventures and discoveries in the mythical and magical place called Finland. But I notice more and more that this deal is sometimes hard to held up. I don't experience something exited every day. Sometimes I just go to practical and that is it, nothing happend there. Just the normal day in a social work students life. Or I go to school, not that  have much school. After tomorrow I only have Finnish, the rest I have no school anymore.

Today I did litterly nothing special. I went to practical training and the youngsters were behaving nice. I helped them with some schoolwork and explained a thing or two about the English language. After that I played cards with them and I learned a new cardgame. Although there English skills aren't that good, they do their best to talk to me or invite me into games. The affort I greatly appriciate. We Dutch appriciate atemps more then someone who is showing off. I tell the this the youngsters everytime but still they are a little shy.

I could also write an amazing blog how I learn for Finnish right now. I study hard on introducing myself,  verbs, weather, colours, food, clothes, days, months and the time. But that would be boring. All I do is staring at my notes, repeat the sentences in Finnish and write it down in English or Finnish with only the oppesite language showing. In the meantime I listen to Finnish music. I really like the sound of the Finnish language and it never bores me. Also Finland has some very good artists in my opinion. Maybe I should write a blog about them very soon, because they deserve a little attention. But not now. They need their own blog, not a place in mine complaining blog how boring my life is.

Sometimes nothing happens but then you just have go with the flow. Dare to lie down in the river. Even a river that flows slow brings you somewhere. Keep you head up and you mind set. There is always a new story at the turn. But it takes some time to get there, if you are riding the slow flowing river. You can swim to make it there faster, but then you don't see the suroundings of you journey. Never forget that the suroundings of a journey makes the memories. Behonest, how many memories do you have of your own and how many do you have which futer other people. Just flow with the stream, sometimes it takes a while to make new memories. In the meantime, enjoy the ride and the view.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten