zaterdag 24 oktober 2015

Raw in the dipsauce

After been party hardy in Helsinki to explore studentlive there once again, I want back to Turku to explore and observe more of Finnish culture and costums. Because a movie night was awaiting for my, well it was more like a move late afternoon but who cares. There was a Finnish (musical)movie, there were 4 Finns, it took place in Turku Finland so it was a Finnish movie gathering. Although I very used to Finns and their habits, they never fail to amaze me.

For instance, they dip their vegatables in dipsauce! In the Netherlands dipsauce is exlucively used for chips, not for any other things. But they used it for the cucumbers, carrots and cauliflower. Which they eat raw! I repeat: they eat it raw! I'm used to eat it cooked or warmed in an other way like a oven. But not raw and unkooked, never! Never! NEVER! So you could all gues what I didn't eat. That's right, raw cauliflower or cucumber and carrots with dipsauce. Although I eat them without the dipsauce, I left the dipsauce dipping of vegatable to the Finns, they like the idea more then I do more. Lucky for me, they had also tortilla chips. So I dipped them in the dipsauce.

Speaking of the dipsauce, I find it funny that the Finns prepare it with a kind of sour cream. I knew this already from my past experiences in Finland, but still I find it different then I'm used to. In the Netherlands we prepare it with butter. We stir it as long as it as it is well mixed with the dipsauce package. Somethimes we heat the butter so it gets fluid, so it mix more easily and then cool it of again a little bit so it sticks better to the chips. But Finns do it with a kind of sour cream and I have to admit that I also like that viarity, as long I don't have to engage into weird practice of doining it also. I just leave that for the Finns and I stay with the chips.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten