vrijdag 16 oktober 2015

Kiss my Turku

After Helsinki and Tallinn, it was time for my parents to see more of Finland. I know Tallinn is Estonia and not Finland, but it was time to go to a city that was not a capital of a country. So we visit a city today that was formally a capital of a country, Turku. The city where my parents sleep and stay during their week in here in Finland.

We waked up pretty late, we where all exhausted of our previous day so we needed all the sleep we could get. When we waked up, we had a long and happy brunch and went slowely to the city centre. Already we decided to split the sightseeing of Turku into 2 days, today we will visit the shops and the marketsquare and markethall. Tomorrow we will walk along the river and visit the castle, so we have all the time in the world to enjoy it. Also, we could take our time to enjoy the walk at the riverside. We already visit the cathedral today because it is along the way to the city centre. At first my dad was fascinated about the heavy bricks at the square and stairs in front of the cathedral. Inside my parents where amazed of the graves inside it. The thing that kept their mouth shut for a couple of minutes was when we where standing by the altar, they where amazed by the paintings on the wall

After our visit to the cathedral we walked alongside the river to the city centre. The old outside part of the libary was something my parents took some time to take pictures. The blown up ducks in the river was also a perfect object to take some pictures. But this day was reserved for shopping, so we did that at the market. My dad went crazy when he saw the prices at first at the market, he is still not that used of the high prizes of Finland. But eventually he found a little fruitsalesman who sold very cheap fruit so he bought a lot of them. His happiness of the cheap fruits was fast slained when we went to the Hansa shoppingcentre. In there, the Finnish prices where as frequent as it use to be so went again shocked by it. This was a huge enjoyment for me and my mother. We tried to stay there as long as possible, but eventually we seen it all so it was up to me to find a new place to shock my dad.

I found this place at the markethall. My parents where first amazed by the building itself and it's purpose. In the Netherlands we don't have a place where there are diffrent shops for only food, you always find some clothes, flowers or other stuff as well. Aftert the first amazement, my dad went again in his shocking stance and was again shocked by most prizes and again my mom and I enjoyed it very much. Luckily for us, he was also in a good mood so he bought some fresh salmon which we could prepare and eat in the evening. We also decide to go back to try the Chinese food they sell over there, because my parents are curious about it and Dutch people like Chinese food a lot. But still my dad thinks it is to expencive. After our visit to the markethall, we bought some ingredients for dinner today and tomorrow and went home. During our trip home we walked over the wooden bridges at the riverside. I already showed them this in the dark with all the pretty lights. But my parents were also curious how the place looks like in daylight, so I showed them this today. Tomorrow we have Turku part 2, so to be continued!   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten