dinsdag 13 oktober 2015

When in Finland, do like the Finns

And today is the day where me and my parents where looking for, for the first in their life they went into an airplain and flew to Finland. To spend their first holiday abroad ever. The moment they appeared was quitte emotional for them, of course I was also happy to see them again.

But the fun began right away. I noticed that the bus leaved in 5 minutes so we had to hurry. After the complaims that they had to pay €3 each and not in once, we went into the bus. After arranging the coffers and the seats. We went on the trip from the airport to kauppatori. During the trip we discussed everything, the flight to Finland, my sister and Turku. At kauppatori we had to transfere to the next bus to student village. Luckily for us, we and the bus arrived at the same time at the busstop, so no one had to wait for each other. After we arranged the coffers and our seats, we went on for the last part of our journey.

When we went at my place, we trow the coffers in the corners and when on the hunt for pizza. Cause they were hungr,y and to be honest I was also hungry. The first thing that I was already for a while in Finland was that I keep on walking on the right like I was the only one. My parents ran every time like social Dutch away for every cyclist we encountered.

After the pizza and the Lidl, where my parents were supprised by Finnish language and prices, we went back to. My home trough the park and wooden bridges. Here the also encounter some typical Finnish things, drunks on the benches and lonely women walking happy trough the dark forest. But they enjoyed it in the end, after they first tought I let them trough a dark forest. Back at my place we skyped with my sister and talked about our plans for the next week. We are going to Helsinki, Tallinn and go for sightseeing trough Turku itself. We also want to visit a park or forest, but that we decide along the week. Also they want to correctly pronounce kiitos, cause Finns use that a lot in shops and stores and they want to use that also. But the 2 i's,  still a little bit strange. Altough Dutch has the same
pronunciation although we writht ie...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten