zaterdag 17 oktober 2015

The grumpy, the lovely and the youngster

Turunlinna was the main destination of today. Me and my mom love old buildings, my dad not. Also we love to walk and to climb, my dad not. So we had all ingredients for a fun day. My dad was already grumpy because of all the prices so the tone was set.

We decide to walk to the castle because my parents wanted to walk alongside the river. I already warned them that is was quite a walk, but like true stubborn Dutch they wanted anyway. My that is not a long distance walker. Ecspecially now he already walked a lot the past few days. Against all odds even my dad enjoyed the walk. The old buildings, the ducks, the river, the boats, the bridges, the ducks, the giant flower and so on. After a quick lunch we entered the castle.

Me and my mother were instantly intressed in all the artifacts and the rooms. My dad was constantly wondering  what he was doing there. I translated al the signes for my mother, because she isn't that good in English. After that we discussed how it would there if we were living in that time. My dad tries to figure out what the Finns where saying or tried to keep up with us. If course me and my mother tried to include my dad as much as possile, but we failed in this because he is far from intressed in this all.

We spend allmost all noon in the castle. Afterwards we all decide to walk back allong the river, because my parents feel liked it. My mom and I were glad that we went to the castle this day, my dad was glad he survived the whole day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten