woensdag 14 oktober 2015

Like a Finn in Helsinki

The Finland trip of my parents has to be an onforgetable, we leaved rest for wicked and straight to Helsinki with the bus. My parents enjoyed the view on their mobile phone. When we where already an half hour underway, they noticed the beauty of Finnish nature and nothingness. They enjoyed that for the rest of the trip.

When we arrived in Helsinki, we started to explore the winkelcentre. After that, we went on a quest for a toilet. First they said they could hold it. But when I showed them the trainstation of Helsinki, they went crazy. Instead of going to Stockmann for a free toilet, they went to go one at the trainstation. After that, we roamed trough Aleksenderinkatu to the cathedral. They really were amezed by it, we should return to it a couple of times to sit on the senatsdquare. Which is in front of the cathedral. We went also to the Russian cathedral, the fishmarket, several stores, a sightseeing tour and Stockmann.

They really enjoyed Helsinki and my parents want to come back with my sister. They where shocked about all the prices and suprised about the introvert Finns. As Dutch, we think it is polite to greet everyone on the street. I'm already used to the fact that Finns don't do this. Also the fact that cars still riding when the pedestrian traficlight is green is something the hardly learn. In the Netherlands. When pedestrians have greenlight, cars have red. Saying thank you all the times in stores and shops is something they find cute and the start to use that one a lot.

While I'm writing this, we're on a ferry to Tallinn. So my parents visit also Estonia while they are with me. I hope they enjoy Tallinn tomorrow as much as Helsinki today.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten